- Understand the signs and symptoms
- Immediately call 911 for help
Time is brain!
- Senses and movement
- Social interaction
Stroke = Brain attack. This is an emergency!
- Ischemic stroke (87%)
- Hemorrhagic stroke (13%)
Remember to act FAST
- Face drooping
- Arm weakness
- Speech difficulties
- Time to call 911
Signs and Symptoms
- Sudden confusion, difficulty speaking, or not understanding what others are saying
- Sudden, unexplained severe headache or dizziness
- Sudden vision problems in one or both eyes
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arms, or legs, particularly on one side of the body
- Sudden difficulty walking or loss of balance/coordination
If you need stroke treatment, it’s an emergency!
1. Ischemic stroke: Clot removal
2. Hemorrhagic stroke: Surgery
- Healthy eating
- Frequent exercise
- No smoking
- Limiting alcohol
- Understanding what stroke is
- Monitoring blood pressure
- Controlling diabetes
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- If you have a medical emergency, go to the emergency room or call 9-1-1.
- Statistics and medications are subject to change.
- Information on these slides is not a substitute for medical information provided by healthcare professionals.
Copyright © 2022 Chinese Community Health Resource Center
If you would like a copy of this health article, please click on the PDF button in the language you prefer. To view the PDF document, you’ll need Adobe Acrobat, which you can download here.