Enjoy the upcoming holidays but make sure you are celebrating in a safe and healthy way!
The holidays are a time of good cheer and good food, but your digestive system may disagree. Consuming large amounts of fatty, salty, and sweet food may cause digestive issues.
To eat well and feel well, try these tips:
- Eat a small snack before meals. Choose fresh or dried fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and whole wheat crackers.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine. Try infusing water with fresh fruits and herbs for a refreshing alternative.
- Avoid lying down after meals to prevent heartburn and indigestion.
- Pick vegetables and whole grains as sides to increase fiber intake and prevent constipation.
- Plan holiday cooking and shopping ahead of time to reduce stress.
Online Bilingual Articles
If you have any questions related to your digestive health or diet, contact your doctor or a registered dietitian.