Located in the Chinese Hospital and in the heart of San Francisco’s Chinatown, CCHRC provides an array of services, including:
- Health forums to educate the Chinese community of disease trends and changes in health guidelines
- Community-specific health education classes on multiple health topics
- Cancer-related information and support
- Bilingual wellness library
- Patient navigation program
Most of its services are free of charge and open to the general public. CCHRC also reaches out to the community by conducting Chinese-language media campaigns, conducting health fairs, initiating and serving on coalitions to address important community health needs, and pioneering community-based research to study these problems and test solutions. CCHRC provides approximately 15,000 services annually, with about 90% of the recipients being monolingual; over 65% female; 30% Medicaid (known as Medi-Cal in California) recipients, and approximately 15% with no insurance coverage.
With support from its sponsors, local health/social services agencies, and community members, the Chinese Community Health Resource Center will continue to provide excellent culturally and linguistically competent services to residents of the San Francisco Bay Area.